Cooking on a charcoal Barbeque is not only an interesting concept but also something worth learning. However, if you do not follow the right steps, your BBQ party can turn into an utmost disaster. Thus, given below, are a couple of steps which will not only make your party amazing but also help you cook the most mouth-watering BBQ and hot pot food for everyone to enjoy.
Steps to Follow for Cooking on a Charcoal BBQ
- Pour the mound of charcoal in the center of your barbeque. Light up the same by using one or two charcoal lighters easily available at your nearby DIY store.
- The next step involves leaving the charcoal lit until the flames disappear and the charcoal turns into a light grey color. This entire process may take around twenty minutes time after which it is ready to use. Now is the time to spread the hot charcoal evenly to the corners of the Barbeque and place the grill rack on the top.
- The next step is to grease the food with oil sufficiently and place the same on the grill rack. You can cover the top with a lid for the required time needed for the food to get cooked. Many BBQs have vents in the lid to allow air to escape from time to time. Thus, it is important to leave the vent open.
- It is essential to keep the temperature of cooking in check, As too hot the temperature will burn the food on the outside and still keep it raw in the inside. This will not only spoil the food but also easily make your really sick. So, if you find that temperature is too hot, just leave the coals to cool for around 10-15 minutes and start again. The ideal temperature of the BBQ must be 160C.
- Do not keep peeing under the lid from time to time, as all the heat will be allowed to escape and the food will take longer to cook.
Thus, by following these simple steps, you can easily cook a great meal in the barbeque. However, if you think it is too much work, you can always visit the best buffet style restaurants in Houston such as 75 BBQ and Hot Pot Buffet.