Dining out in any fancy restaurant is always fun. The best part about dining out is that it offers the perfect opportunity to celebrate special occasions, hang out with friends and colleagues, and enjoy a night away from the kitchen. Fine dining is not only about the food, but the décor and service are the two other things that are also equally important. Apart from an irresistible menu, some restaurants also offer attentive service and great ambiance. But most of the time, dining out often means that you have to stray from your healthy diet and overindulge. However, the good news is that you can enjoy a delicious meal at a fine dining restaurant without the guilt of overindulging.
The American Heart Association recommends that adults eat at least two 3.5-ounce servings of seafood a week, while the FDA recommends even more for women of childbearing age. Seafood offers plenty of benefits apart from being an excellent source of protein and providing fatty acids known as omega-3s. Seafood has always been a treat for the taste buds, but food lovers often feel overwhelmed and confused while selecting the food at some of the best seafood restaurants in Houston as they offer a huge variety of options in seafood. Here we have compiled some tips that will enable you to savor the joyful experience of dining in a seafood restaurant while ensuring that you stick to your healthy eating plan
- All the seafood restaurants offer a wide array of options, but when to stick to your healthy eating plan you need to order your seafood grilled, baked, broiled, roasted or poached. Avoid fried and breaded options, which tend to be high in calories and saturated fat.
- Do a little bit of research and find out which sauces have less calories, it is better if you stick with lighter sauces, such as tomato-based or broth-based options. Even though creamy sauces are tasty, they are usually high in calories and loaded with saturated fat and sodium.
- It is a good idea to add a salad or side of vegetables to your meal. The potassium in vegetables helps counter the sodium that is typically prevalent in restaurant meals.
- Do not be afraid to customize your meal to fit your diet plan and request that sauces be served on the side or use less oil while preparing your dish.
- It is a daunting task to control the final number of calories or amount of sodium in your meal, but you can always control how much you eat. Pack half of your meal right away, when it is served so that you don’t feel the urge to eat more.
If you are still feeling confused about which seafood dish to order, you can opt for barbeque dishes which are a relatively healthy eating option. Search for the nearest barbeque restaurant in Houston and enjoy a hearty meal without feeling guilty about your diet plan. There are many fine dining restaurants in Houston like 75 BBQ & Hot Pot Buffet who serve not only delicious barbeque dishes but also a wide variety of seafood delicacies.